Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just Call Me Tinkerbell. Or the Frog Queen.

Here's a sneak peek at my Caps for a Cure project:



You almost didn't see this. Yesterday on my second set of eyelet rows I discovered that I was off by 2 stitches. Huh? How'd that happen? After much thought, I decided to tink to the screwup I identified. 90 stitches of tinking. Oy.

I did it! With no twisted stitches. I re-knit the row, only to discover that indeed, there was another problem. Two rows down. On the other eyelet row. I spent much of the afternoon contemplating my possible solutions.

Tink?
Are you serious? That's over 300 stitches!

Frog to the row I need to fix?
Again, are you serious? Frogging in the round? You? Might as well frog the whole darn thing and start over!

I am very happy to report that I did frog to the offending row, and when it was all said and done, I had my original 104 stitches, present and accounted for. And not one of them was twisted. Thank you, Lord!

Now let's see how many more eyelet rows I can mess up before this is finished...
:-)

No comments: