Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Well, I THOUGHT I was back to knit-blogging! Oh well...

I need to make those Mary Jane Slippers for my mom pretty quickly, so Red Wagon Hat #2 is on hold. I started the slippers, not too much trouble, until I got to the finishing details. Namely, the attached i-cord, which begins with a provisional cast on.

I'm not afraid of new things, so I read the tutorials for the provisional and gave it a shot. It's the crochet chain method.

I don't crochet, though I can fumble through a short simple chain if I must.

Usually.

Today, I couldn't tell the front from the back, even though the tutorial had photos complete with little pointing arrows and everything.

I threw my knitting across the bed laid my knitting aside, and stumbled off to find a better way. And I found it here at Knit and Tonic.

Ahh, much better!

Now, on to the attached i-cord tutorial here, by the Purl Bee folks. Cool!

Just thought I'd share those two handy-dandy lessons with those of you who still knit. And blog :-)

No comments: