Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wow. My second post for October!

I haven't posted lately because I have been knitting furiously on my projects.

NOT!!

Well, I do have another FO. It looks incredibly like my last one! Oh, yeah. That's because I made 2 of them for twins! See?





The handles are different because, frankly, I hated the way the first one turned out. It just looked lumpy to me. I simply embroidered the second one and, while it looks smoother, it still isn't great. I haven't embroidered in a while either and it shows.

But I am a perfectionist. We'll see what my boss thinks.

That's right - I said my boss! She commissioned me to make these, and it only took me since JULY 25th to make them.

JULY 25th, y'all!!!

I am so embarrassed by that. It almost makes me not even want to give them to her. (Yes, the babies are still small enough that the hats will fit!)

Of course, I WILL give them to her ASAP because I want them out of my house!! I discovered during this foray into paid knitting that I don't like it. I want to knit what I want to knit, when I want to knit it. This was NOT fun knitting. Either hat. I'm so sick of them now that I just want them out of my sight! (I know: I'm terrible!)

So, please don't ask me to knit anything for you. (Not that any of you would.) If I feel like making you something out of the kindness of my heart, then so be it. But I will NOT be knitting by request anymore.

Now I seem to be in the mood to polish off some UFO's. I only have an inch or so to finish a doll arm. Then I'll have all her parts and will be ready to stuff and assemble her. I already have an outfit waiting.

I also want to work on my Rambling Rows blanket that I started at the beach. Funny how cooler weather brings that "knitting fever" back, huh?

How about you? Do y'all have the fever??

1 comment:

Annie said...

Well if it makes you feel any better I have a ton of UFO's in my stash. I'm hoping the knitting fever hits me soon. But I've been so busy with other stuff. The hats are darling!! She'll love 'em. Did you charge enough for your grief :)