Thursday, March 27, 2008

Look what I got today!!!



It's my "Seriously" yarn from sKnitches, inspired by my favorite TV show, "Grey's Anatomy." This is the most expensive yarn I've ever bought, but I decided to have a little fun and be a "joiner" this time. I mean, it's the only show I regularly watch (when there's actually an episode on!). It's nice, custom yarn. So this project will be mine---all MINE!

Yep, that's right. I'm finally making something for myself. Socks, of some kind. The pattern is still undecided. I assure you that it will be easy, though. I've never made adult socks before. Should be fun.



So, that's all. I just wanted to show off my purchase. And maybe make you jealous.

Oh, and by the way: so none of you have ever made an ugly project? I was hoping to have at least one participant in my Ugly FO giveaway who actually followed the rules. So far, that hasn't happened.

Help a girl out here. Make me want to give you a nice skein of Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton. Post about your ugly FO, with a photo, with a link here, and sign Mr. Linky so we can all find you and make fun of (uh, I mean enjoy) your project. :-)

3 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Welcome to the land of handmade socks! I guarantee that once you put those lovely little 'sweaters for your toes' on your feet you will never want to wear store bought socks again! I have six pairs I have made for myself. My hubby loves his so much he wants more than the one pair I made him, and my kids are sold on them also. The yarn is expensive, but at least you don't need to buy as much as a sweater... so it's a little bit of luxury. Enjoy!

BTW - I must have missed your contest. I think I'll scroll down and see what the rules are.

Knittymuggins said...

Great yarn! And I have that 2 at a time socks book too :) Even though I've made socks before, I think it would be fun to learn a new technique (I usually use dpn's). Can't wait to see what you make with your new treat! Don't worry, socks are easy ;)

knittymuggins

Jodie Wolfe said...

The yarn and books look great. I love to knit too.

If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!