Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Baby Gift: Part One

Well, amazingly I have actually gotten some knitting done this week! I know, I know - please hold the applause.

I needed a baby gift for a supervisor's daughter, who is having a baby girl soon. I decided against a hat, because the new baby will be born in SPRINGTIME IN TEXAS. Probably won't need a hat. I thought about a toy, but wasn't 100%. Then I decided for sure on a flower pacifier clip by one of my faves, Susan B. Anderson. (The pattern is free on her blog.)

So here's what I made:




But wait! That's not a hat, is it? I thought you said "no hats!"

You would be correct. That is a hat. An Upside-down Daisy Hat, as a matter of fact, also by Susan Anderson in "Itty Bitty Hats."

Don't ask me what happened. I was totally prepared to make the pacifier clip while I figured out what to make to go along with it. Apparently, I subliminally cast-on for this hat instead. So, I guess this hat is the other part of my TEXAS SPRINGTIME baby gift, after all.

The pacifier clip really IS next. Pinky swear :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so CUTE, even if it is a hat. :)

Knit-Wit said...

Love the hat - looking forward to seeing the pacifier clip.

Knittymuggins said...

Awwww.... so adorable! I mean, how could you resist casting on? I made one of these a while back in pink and it's one of my favorite baby knits so far. Susan B. Anderson has the most darling patterns ever! Can't wait to see the pacifier clip when you finish :)

knittymuggins